About Me

My photo
Its day 1 of 2013. Will this be any different than yesterday? That depends on the actions I take today. I struggle with many health problems, I teeter on the edge of self-destruction, can I pull myself back? My life is broken, and I need to find the strength and courage to fix it. My physical, spiritual, and mental states are in shambles from years of addiction and self abuse. Food is my main drug of choice and it is killing me. My body is slowly breaking down due to the food abuse. If I have any hope of seeing tomorrow I need to start taking actions now. I welcome you to follow me on this journey as I struggle to find my way, to silence the demons within me, and find peace and serenity in my life. I can do this IF I am willing to put the work into it. I will share my trials and tribulations, success's and failures. Perhaps I can find a way to save my own life, and if it can help someone else with the same struggles, it would make it all the better This will be a chronicle of my journey to better health, better life, and happiness.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Hysteria.report.1.14.15

Good morning

my name is Greg i am a grateful recovering Compulsive Overeater, i was abstinent yesterday

I am very grateful for this loop and the discussions that go on in it.  I don't always respond i do appreciate it.  There is so much different recovery out there, its very much individual to each of us.  I often say I have my own plan and I am going to do it my way.  I do not like the tough love approach, i was abused as a child and that stuff still haunts me today and I am 42.  its hard to distinguish  between good tough love and abusive tough love for me its all the same.  For today i am recognize that I need people to call me on my BS and say "hey you have been relapsing for four years, when are you going to pull your head out for your a** and try a different way. I still search for that easier softer way, I still search for a way to do things MY way.  I am never going to find that and the more I hide behind thinking I can the longer it will take me to get lasting recovery.  Honestly i am hanging oy my white knuckles, I do not feel peaceful and serene, I feel like f*** I made it through today but just barely and I got muddy on the way out.  Fear is the path to the dark side and it haunts my life all day everyday.  I am starting to pay attention to step one.  i found an online step study that I am going to read and listen too.  I also have access to a wonderful site with recordings on the first step and everything else.  I think I a powerless, I need to learn that I AM powerless without any doubt.  Then I can take direction without thinking about it or wondering if its "right" for me.  I have chronically relapsed for four years now, obviously the I have been doing things is not working for me. I have struggled to take direction and not question it, that needs to stop.  I need t follow the direction of those I seek counsel from like my sponsor, they have what I want and I need to be prepared to go any length to get it no matter what, For today I seek the courage to go to any lengths


Plan of Action

pray
send meal plan
call phil
send report
daily readings
mini-meeting
phone meeting
pray, text phil and have breakfast
pray, text phil and have lunch
pray, text phil and have supper
make 6 outreach calls
make 4 outreach texts
self-care
work on ad project
look over VO scripts & practice
watch VO video
check out VO log

No comments:

Post a Comment