Good morning
My name is Greg, I am a grateful
recovering Compulsive Overeater, I was abstinent yesterday.
I woke up this morning and at the
suggestion of a fellow member I got down on my hands and knees and
asked for help. This was no small task as it caused lots of pain
getting down and then back up, but it also felt good to finally be on
my hands and knees asking for help, this is something I need to do
more of.
I learned yesterday that I cannot “eye
ball” it EVER. I need to portion out all my food, weight it,
measure it, put everything into the portions that I need. Today I am
no capable of preparing and serving myself food without these
guidelines. So for today I commit to weighing and measuring my food.
I came up with a concept of a higher
power that works for me over the weekend, well I am not even sure “I”
did it, my HP must have done it because I have no idea how it
happened.
Having been raised catholic I have all
sorts of “issues” when it comes to religion/God/spirituality. I
have managed to desperate religion and spirituality because for me
those are two totally different things, although there can be
religion in my spirituality and vice versa I do not “need” it to
be close to my higher power.
The concept that appeals to me has to
do with the holy trinity, father/son/holy ghost. My HP took that and
gave me a parental figure, a sibling figure, and a spiritual adviser.
The parental figure I am still trying to figure out exactly what
that means to me, I have not had a lot of healthy experience with
positive parental figures. The other 2 pieces of my concept I know
who they are, they are two people who were important parts of my life
when they were alive, and now they will help me on this journey as
well.
Plan of Action:
Pray
Send meal plan to my sponsor
Send report to my sponsor
Self-Care
Mini-meeting
Daily Readings
Read in BB
Make 6 out reach calls
Make 4 outreach texts
Pray before and after my meals, text
Phil before and after meals
Stop and check in with my Higher Power
throughout the day
Read a chapter in my VO book
Practice my VO Scripts
No comments:
Post a Comment