About Me

My photo
Its day 1 of 2013. Will this be any different than yesterday? That depends on the actions I take today. I struggle with many health problems, I teeter on the edge of self-destruction, can I pull myself back? My life is broken, and I need to find the strength and courage to fix it. My physical, spiritual, and mental states are in shambles from years of addiction and self abuse. Food is my main drug of choice and it is killing me. My body is slowly breaking down due to the food abuse. If I have any hope of seeing tomorrow I need to start taking actions now. I welcome you to follow me on this journey as I struggle to find my way, to silence the demons within me, and find peace and serenity in my life. I can do this IF I am willing to put the work into it. I will share my trials and tribulations, success's and failures. Perhaps I can find a way to save my own life, and if it can help someone else with the same struggles, it would make it all the better This will be a chronicle of my journey to better health, better life, and happiness.

Thursday, November 6, 2014

voodoo.report.11.6.14

Good morning

My name is Greg I am a grateful recovering compulsive over eater, I was abstinent yesterday

I had a decent enough day yesterday, I was over tired and it was busy but I got through it. I went to lunch with a buddy and he offered me left overs to take home to my mom, of course I accepted them ;) but on the way home as I was trying to decide if I would eat them straight away or wait till later so I could count it as “legal” I knew I had to not only throw them away, but open the container and dump it into the trash so I would not pull it back out. I have many hang ups when it comes to food, freshness and things of that nature, so thankfully my compulsive nature in that area is actually helpful at times. I will never pull anything out of the trash that I think has touched something else, now if I left it in the container and gently placed it on top, that's not really eating out of the trash is it ;) oh the lies I can tell myself. I took the right action and listened to my HP voice inside of me and dumped it out and went about my business.

Walking into work today I realized I feel pretty good (for me) I sometimes get lost in the thinking that I never feel good, ever. While that is true I failed to realize until this morning that despite not being 100% and feeling well rested and “Good” every morning, I can feel as good as I can be. Little mental tweaks (or hacks) like that have played a difference in my life and recovery. I highly recommend hacking life to suit my needs ;)


Plan of Action
pray
self-care
snack
sent meal plan
sent report
sent words/grat list
mini-meeting with SB
pray/text phil & have breakfast
take meds
catch part of 9:45 meeting
pray/text phil & have snack
take friend to appointment
pray/text phil & have lunch
go to appointment
work on veterans day show
listen to VO actors and lesson from last week
practice scripts 3 times
make 2 out reach texts
pray/text phil & have snack
make 2 outreach calls
pray/text phil & have supper
start self-care at 5pm
take meds
pray

bed by 6pm

No comments:

Post a Comment