**This is the email I sent my sponsor today**
Good morning
I hope this finds you well. I am actually doing well this morning. I
have come out the other side of my dark cloud, today is really a good
day to be alive.
I started my day off right with meditation and prayers that I got from
you and from the big book. I then listened to a speaker file. I had
actually started to listen to one file but another one started playing, I
decided to go with it and listened. It ended up being just what I
needed to hear.
The speaker talked about the concept of a Higher Power and how they had
once heard someone say that whatever the force was behind the wind
blowing, whatever makes the food grow out of the ground, that makes the
sun shine, THAT is their higher power. It made sense to me at the
moment but didn’t really hit home until ½ hour later.
I finished the file and decided to call the person because I kind of
know them and say thank you. I could not reach them so I decided to
call Phil to say hello. He was engaged and said he would call me right
back. So I sat there in my chair and looked out the window. The sun
was shining; the wind was blowing a cool breeze into my room. I read a
post from a person on a website I often frequent that has to do with
health called sparkpeople.com, it really touched me. All of a sudden a
bunch of small “coincidences” that happened over the last few days all
fused together into a clear picture.
A co-worker called me yesterday to check in and see how I was doing;
she hadn’t seen me all week. My hours are very early before anyone else
comes in; her call made my day and made me feel a bit better. Then the
speaker file this morning, the note from the other person on the web
site and just watching the breeze blowing outside I had a bit of a
spiritual awakening. I realize there IS a Higher Power in my life; I
choose to call that power God because I don’t know what else to call it.
I am not a religious person, I don’t attend church, I don’t believe in
anyone’s particular “version” of God, I just focus on my own personal
relationship with a power greater than myself.
I don’t judge or even care about anyone else’s relationship with their
Higher Power. That is a personal choice for all of us to make; it’s not
more my business what they believe than what I believe. I very much
dislike other people trying to push their views on me. I respect their
choice to believe it but stop cramming it down my throat ;) I am not
directing this at anyone I enjoy hearing other people’s views on their
beliefs and faith. It’s when we get into the whole “I’m right and your
wrong and you’re going to hell because of it” that I tend to get
disinterested.
2 days ago I wasn’t quite sure I was going to make it; the
mental/physical pain was so great. But I didn’t give up, I did give
into my disease and binge and eat foods that are not healthy to me. But
I did not wander off, I got up the next day and (begrudgingly) did my
meal plan, wrote my emails, did my daily words of encouragement and the
other things I do. Sometimes I really have to grit my teeth and force
myself to do these things but I have gotten better at accomplishing them
more times than not.
I feel a bit tired and I feel some pain coming on, but all is well right
now. I am happy and VERY grateful to have woken up this morning, and
even more grateful for all the people in my life who believe in me,
support me, and don’t give up on me even when I give up on myself. I
cannot find the words to thank them, so a simple Thank you will have to
do.
Goals for today
Pray
Submit my meal plan and listen to my food sponsors suggestions for my plan (submitted it)
Pray before my meals and give thanks after
Text my food sponsor before and after my meals
Work to be of service to my mom and others
Pray
Do something for my recovery every hour of my day; I will use the alarm on my phone to remind me to do this
Pray
About Me
- Greg
- Its day 1 of 2013. Will this be any different than yesterday? That depends on the actions I take today. I struggle with many health problems, I teeter on the edge of self-destruction, can I pull myself back? My life is broken, and I need to find the strength and courage to fix it. My physical, spiritual, and mental states are in shambles from years of addiction and self abuse. Food is my main drug of choice and it is killing me. My body is slowly breaking down due to the food abuse. If I have any hope of seeing tomorrow I need to start taking actions now. I welcome you to follow me on this journey as I struggle to find my way, to silence the demons within me, and find peace and serenity in my life. I can do this IF I am willing to put the work into it. I will share my trials and tribulations, success's and failures. Perhaps I can find a way to save my own life, and if it can help someone else with the same struggles, it would make it all the better This will be a chronicle of my journey to better health, better life, and happiness.
No comments:
Post a Comment