About Me

My photo
Its day 1 of 2013. Will this be any different than yesterday? That depends on the actions I take today. I struggle with many health problems, I teeter on the edge of self-destruction, can I pull myself back? My life is broken, and I need to find the strength and courage to fix it. My physical, spiritual, and mental states are in shambles from years of addiction and self abuse. Food is my main drug of choice and it is killing me. My body is slowly breaking down due to the food abuse. If I have any hope of seeing tomorrow I need to start taking actions now. I welcome you to follow me on this journey as I struggle to find my way, to silence the demons within me, and find peace and serenity in my life. I can do this IF I am willing to put the work into it. I will share my trials and tribulations, success's and failures. Perhaps I can find a way to save my own life, and if it can help someone else with the same struggles, it would make it all the better This will be a chronicle of my journey to better health, better life, and happiness.

Monday, September 9, 2013

Please don't leave me.9.9.13

Good morning :)

I had a pretty good day yesterday, I was abstinent.  My food was good. 

Not much to say today, things are good.  Mom is still away on vacation so I have the house to myself (ahhhhhhhhh)

A recovery reading I did yesterday was pretty profound to me

Just for today: Rebellion

"We need not lose faith when we become rebellious."

Basic Text p.34

Many of us have lived our entire lives in revolt. Our initial response to any type of direction is often negative. Automatic rejection of authority seems to be a troubling character defect for many addicts.

A thorough self-examination can show us how we react to the world around us. We can ask ourselves if our rebellion against people, places, and institutions is justified. If we keep writing long enough, we can usually get past what others did and uncover our own part in our affairs. We find that what others did to us was not as important as how we responded to the situations we found ourselves in.

Regular inventory allows us to examine the patterns in our reactions to life and see if we are prone to chronic rebelliousness. Sometimes we will find that, while we may usually go along with what is suggested to us rather than risk rejection, we secretly harbor resentments against authority. If left to themselves, these resentments can lead us away from our program of recovery.

The inventory process allows us to uncover, evaluate, and alter our rebellious patterns. We can't change the world by taking an inventory, but we can change the way we react to it.
Just for today: I want freedom from the turmoil of rebelliousness. Before I act, I will inventory myself and think about my true values.

Boy if that doesn't describe me to a T I don't know what does.  It was, I am not even sure how to describe it, but I knew instantly that it applied to me.


Goals for the day

Pray & meditate (done)
submit meal plan (done)
stick to meal plan as I wrote it, or text my food sponsor if I need to make changes
pray before and after my meals
text my food sponsor before and after my meals
do something for my recovery every hour
pray
be of service where I can
pray and meditate before bed

No comments:

Post a Comment