Good morning
My name is Greg I am a grateful recovering COE, I was abstinent yesterday. I hope you had a good day yesterday as well.
Nothing special to report, it was business as usual which makes for very quiet days report wise. I did get a chance to watch a good movie last night called Thanks for Sharing.
It was about recovery in the fellowship of sex addiction but I still found it fascinating and very powerful, regardless of the “substance” the recovery was there.
A scene where a person is just stuffing item after item into their mouth in an attempt to get that feeling of gratification was hauntingly familiar.
Another scene showed another man who was having a very hard time in a store and ended up with a counter full of potential triggers, of them being a bottle of booze, he was an alcoholic in as well.
To watch these people go to meetings and fight the battle everyday really affected me. Watching them succeed and in some cases fail and relapse made me cry. I plan on watching it multiple more times, something about it just resonated with me. They showed up, did the work and the sponsors didn’t put up with peoples BS, it was kind of hard core in some places but I understood it and appreciated it very much. Although the subject matter might be off putting to some as they are dealing with their drug of choice which is sex, I found the message very powerful.
Our program is very simple, not easy but simple. Do the work, suit up and show up, do the work, be honest with myself and others, do the work, take action, do the work. It just comes down to getting up every day and doing the same thing I did yesterday regardless if I “want” to, or if I “feel” motivated, like Nike says JUST DO IT. I used to wonder “HOW” I can do this; I just can’t seem to get it done. It seemed so EASY for other people but not for me. I was not taking the action everyday that they were, I was not doing the work every day like they were and I was struggling my ass off. Now I am the one hearing “well it’s easy for you” and I keep saying its ONLY easy because I am doing the work, I am getting up every day and doing what I need to do regardless if I want too, regardless if I feel like it, those things have NOTHING To do with it; it just needs to be done plain and simple. When I keep it simple and do what I need, positive things happen; if I don’t then well it doesn’t *chuckles*
Each day things seem to get a little clearer, my resentments are a little less and I am open to hearing what others are saying more; and I am doing the work.
POA for the day (Plan of Action)
Pray (soon as my feet hit the floor)
Meditate (did for 2 minutes)
Submit meal plan (done)
Stick to my meal plan and report any changes
Pray before and after my meals
Text Phil before and after my meals
Call Phil to do my daily checking
Make or take at least 2 recovery calls today
Listen to a There is a Solution Speaker
Read some literature
About Me
- Greg
- Its day 1 of 2013. Will this be any different than yesterday? That depends on the actions I take today. I struggle with many health problems, I teeter on the edge of self-destruction, can I pull myself back? My life is broken, and I need to find the strength and courage to fix it. My physical, spiritual, and mental states are in shambles from years of addiction and self abuse. Food is my main drug of choice and it is killing me. My body is slowly breaking down due to the food abuse. If I have any hope of seeing tomorrow I need to start taking actions now. I welcome you to follow me on this journey as I struggle to find my way, to silence the demons within me, and find peace and serenity in my life. I can do this IF I am willing to put the work into it. I will share my trials and tribulations, success's and failures. Perhaps I can find a way to save my own life, and if it can help someone else with the same struggles, it would make it all the better This will be a chronicle of my journey to better health, better life, and happiness.
No comments:
Post a Comment