Good morning
My name is Greg I am a grateful, recovering COE. I was not abstinent yesterday I rationalized away a food that is in my trigger list because in my mind it wasn't like the "regular" version of it. The most troubling thing is it felt totally rational while I was engaging in the behavior.
Earlier in the day I was at the store and rounded the corner in the candy isle. I sat there looking at the bags for more than a few minutes and even put my hands on one and picked it up until I realized what I was doing; at that point I put it down and got out of there
I did not pray before I ate this particular food, nor did i run it past my food sponsor to see if it was a good idea; had I done those 2 things I would be abstinent today.
POA for the day (plan of action)
Prayed (Did it)
submit meal plan (done)
stick to my meal plan AS WRITTEN and report ANY changes
pray before and after my meals
text Phil before and after my meals
Call Phil with my daily report (did it)
be of service by chairing a skype meeting today
take recovery actions by reading literature
About Me
- Greg
- Its day 1 of 2013. Will this be any different than yesterday? That depends on the actions I take today. I struggle with many health problems, I teeter on the edge of self-destruction, can I pull myself back? My life is broken, and I need to find the strength and courage to fix it. My physical, spiritual, and mental states are in shambles from years of addiction and self abuse. Food is my main drug of choice and it is killing me. My body is slowly breaking down due to the food abuse. If I have any hope of seeing tomorrow I need to start taking actions now. I welcome you to follow me on this journey as I struggle to find my way, to silence the demons within me, and find peace and serenity in my life. I can do this IF I am willing to put the work into it. I will share my trials and tribulations, success's and failures. Perhaps I can find a way to save my own life, and if it can help someone else with the same struggles, it would make it all the better This will be a chronicle of my journey to better health, better life, and happiness.
No comments:
Post a Comment