About Me
- Greg
- Its day 1 of 2013. Will this be any different than yesterday? That depends on the actions I take today. I struggle with many health problems, I teeter on the edge of self-destruction, can I pull myself back? My life is broken, and I need to find the strength and courage to fix it. My physical, spiritual, and mental states are in shambles from years of addiction and self abuse. Food is my main drug of choice and it is killing me. My body is slowly breaking down due to the food abuse. If I have any hope of seeing tomorrow I need to start taking actions now. I welcome you to follow me on this journey as I struggle to find my way, to silence the demons within me, and find peace and serenity in my life. I can do this IF I am willing to put the work into it. I will share my trials and tribulations, success's and failures. Perhaps I can find a way to save my own life, and if it can help someone else with the same struggles, it would make it all the better This will be a chronicle of my journey to better health, better life, and happiness.
Monday, January 13, 2014
it will rain.report.1.13.14
Good morning
My name is Greg I am grateful, recovering COE, i was abstinent yesterday. I had a good day yesterday, we had out Sunday Skype meeting which i felt was very productive, Phil came and shares his story which I always find uplifting. I had an interesting lesson taught to me over the weekend. Phil is always telling me if its not my food DON'T TOUCH IT. That was made painfully clear to me on Saturday. we have sparkling flavored water in the house which i have in my meal plan, there was an open one on the shelf in the fridge, I grabbed it and took a drink off the bottle. it was not the flavored water i was expecting, it was alcohol!
I about choked on it and instantly felt sick to my stomach. I am 2 years sober in my other fellowship. I realize this isn't AA but the lesson further reinforce for me DON'T TOUCH. It was a rather painful way to learn. I was very upset and angry at first at the person who left it unlabeled in the fridge. Normally we would have nothing like that in the house, however we have a house guest we are helping out. I know they drink and it doesn't tempt or bother me at all, I was very upset at the thought of 2 years going away because of this mistake.
I got some proper council and it was explained my sobriety is intact because it was not an effort on my part to drink, nor did I know it. I will have a talk with the person when I see them again to explain the situation a bit better and ask them not to leave stuff like that unlabeled in the house
Aside from that all is well, I have been thinking more about moving towards vegetarianism. In recent weeks I have fallen back on eating meat, I am a carnivore and I find meat very enjoyable. I need to re watch a few documentary that reminded me why I wanted to do that in the first place. Then i need to make some smart sensible changes that are attainable and discuss with my food sponsor and go from there
Plan of Action for the day
pray (soon as i woke)
submit meal plan (done)
stick to meal plan as written report any changes
pray before and after my meals
text Phil before and after my meals
Call Phil to report in
Be of service by making at least 2 recovery calls/texts/emails to find out how other people are doing.
Take recovery actions by exploring my study BB I got and watch a documentary called Vegetated or Food INC
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment