Good morning
My name is Greg I am a grateful, recovering COE and I was
abstinent yesterday.
Well that statement isn’t entirely true, I sure don’t feel
grateful this morning, I feel tired, cranky and pissed off.
It was an extremely long day yesterday; we were gone for
about 10 ½ hours to medical appointments for mom. We only had to travel an hour away but
blinding snow, and treacherous roads made the trip that much more
stressful. Mom didn’t want to put the appointment
off despite how bad the weather was. The
people on the road……Well I won’t unleash the stream of profanity that is
brewing inside of me, I am grateful we made it home safely, and it was just
barely thanks to a few truck drivers and delivery drivers. One person driving a fuel delivery truck tail
gated me in blinding snow, on snow covered roads, had I needed to stop for any
reason I would have had a fuel truck in the front seat with me.
I was very cautious in my driving especially last night in
the dark, myself and the driver in front of me decided that 35-40 miles an hour
was fast enough given the fact we were driving in white out conditions most of
the time. We the A-HOLE in the tractor
trailer behind us apparently was very upset, not only did they pass us on a
hill, but scared the crap out of both vehicles when blasting his horn on the
way bye. Thankfully I was only startled
for a minute and didn’t make any sudden moves.
I SOOOO badly wanted to catch up to him and get his company information
to publicly shame him. Apparently my HP
didn’t think that was a good idea because he kept me going 35-40mph the rest of
the trip. I am a little ashamed to admit
that I kind of prayed to come around a corner and see that person on his side
in a ditch, not hurt of course, just wanted to see some consequences from their
actions.
In the grand scheme of things it all worked out how it was
supposed to, a part of me still wants a little retribution but I will get over
it *chuckles*
Actually after all that bitching I didn’t even get to the
really good news, it appears my mom is cancer free. The hospital here made an error in their
report, and that error was compounded by a nurse who took it upon themselves to
say in their “opinion” it looked like breast cancer. Our family has been all upset for a week or
so now, my mom has been scared to death, we risked our lives to get to an appointment
yesterday that we didn’t really need to get too after all. I might just go back to bed actually because
I am pretty irate with the rest of humanity at this point *Chuckles* I thought
I was pretty good this morning but after thinking about that stuff yesterday I
am wound right back up. I don’t feel
like eating over it though so I am grateful for that
Plan of action
Prayed (did it soon as I woke)
Submit meal plan (done)
Stick to meal plan as written report any changes
Call Phil with my daily call (done)
Pray before and after meals
Text Phil before and after meals
Make at least 2 recovery calls
Read some literature and listen to files
No comments:
Post a Comment